Al Fajr Trust began its work by providing financial assistance to families in need. Our priority was to help the orphans and widows however, during the course of our work we came across many families who were in extreme hardship and poverty.
Providing food parcels to families experiencing extreme hard ship.Helping children to go to school by paying school fees .
Alfajr became a registered charity in December 2010 so it is a new charity but our work is not new. Our desire and commitment to work for those children and families most in needs to give them relief from poverty and help children with Education to make a difference to their lives and give them better future.
We have a mission statement that work that all of our work will be transparent so if you are donating to our charity you will have a right to know where and how your money will be spent on.
In May 2017 the chairperson of AlFajr Trust Mrs Nayyar Janjua who has over 30 years of experience as a UK Social worker dealing with vulnerable women and children established up a Domestic Abuse drop in centre in Birmingham UK which also provides emergency accommodation.
Alfajr Trust aims & objectives:
- To provide education to most needy children in Rawalpindi Pakistan.
- To empower women & adolescent girls to gain self sufficiency & independence by learning new skills.
- To educate girls who are dropped off from school as well as those who had no formal education.
- To provide food parcels to poverty stricken individual & families.
- To provide food packages in the month of Ramadan.
- To provide emergency relief.
- To provide financial assistance towards child’s healthcare expenses.
- Domestic abuse Drop in Centre in Birmingham UK.
Alfajr Trust School in Rawalpindi Pakistan.
- Alfajr school was opened in March 2012. In the first year we had 150 children from most impoverished backgrounds. The number of children increased to 300 in 2016.
- We envisage to increase this number by the year 2018 Insha’Allah.
- Alfajr school provides free quality education with high standards of education in mind as these children deserve the best.
- Example of a child attending Alfajr trust school Rawalpindi Pakistan. Ahmed is an orphan child one of 3 children their father died Mother relocated from a village to Rawalpindi for a better life. Family is homeless living in a tent called Jhugi with no water or electricity. Mother works as a cleaner earning approx Rd 4000 = £12 per month. All 3 children are in our school Not only children are getting education in a safe & secure environment but it also allows the mother time to go out & work. We also provide some financial assistance to families who are struggling being mindful of the fact that it creates dependency Therefore we encourage seeking employment & learning skills to promote independence & dignified living.
Sewing & Stitching Centre for Women & girls.
- The Centre was opened in 2015. It offers 1year course leading to a certificate in sewing skills.
- In 2016 number of participants successfully completed their course & obtained certificates.
- There is also an opportunity for girls to attend some classes in school on part time basis as well as learning to sew & stitch.
- At present we have more than 20 students & number is increasing.
Charity Commission Official Documents